Sol Arbriel

Upgrades!

Hi,

I thought I'd let you all know that I will be offline for, hopefully, a short while so that I can install a new graphics card.

For those of you that are keen techies, the new graphics card is an ATI 5770 with 512 GDDR5 ram. This will be delivered today.

So hoping that I will be able to see fully all the hard work our DMs have done to create RoA into what it is now, so full of detail and colours. Currently I am using the original card that came with my system, also an ATI, 2650 with 256 GDDR3 ram. Sadly this card cannot display shiny water and not all of the spell effects work to their fullest either.

~Sol

sad.gif

I have hit a technical problem with my new graphics card in NWN and that is Shiny Water does not want to work properly. Any water areas, particularly the pool/fountain in Annakol City, outside of the Temple of Tyr, which is circular appears divided up like a pie chart with only 1 section showing what the effect should be with the other segments either flickering or showing up filled in with black.

Any suggestions?

~Sol

Just in case, my graphics card is an ATI 5770 with 1GB vram and GDDR5.