Barry_1066

The Classic Roleplay Adaptation Project (C.R.A.P.)

Barry_1066
Server Owner and Designer
barry.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Classic Roleplay Adaptation Project (C.R.A.P.) & you Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Annakolia has added the Classic Roleplay Adaptation Project (C.R.A.P.). There are many things this allows in the world.

The first thing you should find is the Player Action Widget (in a chest given at log on). It is a skull with red eyes. We will refer to it as the PAW.

The PAW can be used to do many activities including but not limited to:
  • Jumping
    Climbing
    Listening at Doors
    Setting up Camp (requires a tent from the outfitters)
    Resting with RP appropriate animations (requires a bed roll from the outfitters)
    Search for hidden doors and objects
    Find Traps
    Deactivate Traps
    Set rope and Grappling hook at pits to climb down

•  

and more

Some of these features require me, the builder to install things in the module which with nearly 1,500 areas will be slow going but over time more and more will be there.

Some will notice that certain items now look like the item when placed on the ground instead of a generic bag -- This is, with the exception of the few in CEP, all from C.R.A.P.

I would like to hear about peoples likes or dislikes of this addition to Annakolia -- please post a new tread in the construction portion of the forum for that.

This post, made in 2007 was before the disbanding of the C.R.A.P Team.  The entire project was handed over to me for the CEP Team and the project was added to CEP.

Unfortunately when Bioware did some changes to the cloak system, new Bioware animations were added that broke the C.R.A.P. animations.  These animations need to be accessed from new 2da locations - something that the scripts need to have changed.  5 or 6 years ago I was going to do this and bring out CEP 2.5 with a number of additions and these fixes.

These fixes never happened.  Being under attack by elements in certain community projects - another story about the survival of the CEP and the loss of Gamespy and most of our player base caused the shutdown of the server.

With the Beamdog master server (new Gamespy like server) NWN EE has given us the ability to bring back Realms of Annakolia.  So much to do - I have not idea when these scripts will bet fixed - but they are on the to-do list.

charissa1066
charissa1066.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Classic Roleplay Adaptation Project (C.R.A.P.) & you Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Barry_1066 wrote:
Some will notice that certain items now look like the item when placed on the ground instead of a generic bag -- This is, with the exception of the few in CEP, all from C.R.A.P.
Try setting a ring or gem down. You don't see the generic NWN loot bag now. There's actually a little ring graphic and gems. There are other items such as this. It's nice. I like it. Smile