Barry_1066

Questions regarding Halfling Heaven and other areas

A discussion from the old forum:

Raven
Player
Player
471183409425eff128d9aa.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: The Monsters on the Island Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

I have a few qusetions about the monsters near Alisha. What level should your character be before confronting them? Isn't there anyone who tries to defend the town?And last, what would be the fastest way to get there if your a new player? Thanks for your time Wink
A fragile soul, he may take.

spacer.gif
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player
649203264466e7b603d459.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

The monsters near Alisha are not to be taken lightly. A small group of two or three CAN survive, but should be very cautious. I would not recommend it for low level characters, especially solo.

Alisha is defended by the last remaining residents, however they have a local 'witch' who dabbles in making constructs and summoning elementals. She is trying to create some constructs that are able to defend the village and hopes that her work will pay off soon. Currently her creations are too weak to defend the village effectively.

spacer.gif
Raven
Player
Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Getting to Alisha. Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Thanks, but you still didn't answer one of my questions. What would be the fastest way to get their for a new player? I'm sorry for repeating my question, but I plan on going there a little after I arrive in Annikolia. I do hope to get some other players to come with me. Maybe you might have some suggestions of who I might ask? Just a thought. Thanks! Smile

spacer.gif
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

The quickest way is to ask a player to guide you there. The route is complex and not easy for a new character.
First you will need to walk to Tharbad and find the Ship to Port City. Then you need to change ship and head to Farwest City. Once in Farwest, head through the sewers and walk directly south through Ambush Pass. (So called because of the frequent ambushes there). Next stop is Alisha.

Please realise that Alisha is situated in a desert and has virtually nothing there any more. The desert is VERY dangerous. I would not reccomend going there for a while. It would be better for you to go to one of the beginner areas for a few visits, such as Sidonias Dungeon or Bree cave.
Sidonias dungeon is one of the first places you will see upon arriving in Annakolia. Bree cave is hidden within the town called Bree, which can be accessed from the entry area also.

spacer.gif
Raven
Player
Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Thanks again! Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Thanks, I was planning on going their after a few days, but now it might be a little longer. The directions sound complex, it makes my head hurt to try to remember it, lol Smile Oh, what about elven or dwarven villages? Are there any of those? I think I should visit at least one of each before going to Alisha, if there are some. Thank you again! Surprised

spacer.gif
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

There are several elven communities depending on if you also include Drow.
There is a Dwarven Stronghold too.

For directions to these, it would be easier for you to speak to players in character once you get into the world. The directions are not that complex, but it would be easier to show you rather than tell you... if that makes sense. Smile

spacer.gif
Raven
Player
Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Where would I be without you? Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Where would I be without you? You've helped me out so much. I don't want to be a burden or a pest or anything, I just don't understand this new world as much as a real player, but I'll get it eventually. Oh, one more question. Do you know of a place called High Wind keep? Thanks for hearing me out! Smile

spacer.gif
flamecrow
DM
DM
60013341744e07db326aee.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

High Wind keep, now there's a story, first thing you should know is that it's hard to get there and even harder to see anything due to the snow storm. I mean you literilly can't see your own hands in front of youyr face there. Also part of it it sealed of and only accesible with DM supervision.
Mostly a place I do not recommend going to too soon either. It's nice to see once though. As HH said earlier, just ask in game for directions and maybe some company Smile
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.

spacer.gif
Raven
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Drow? Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Thanks flamecrow. I forgot to ask about Drows. From what I've read, they are from the Underdark, and are a cruel race that shows no mercy, but could you tell me if there is anything else about this race I should know about? And if any of the info I have is incorrect let me know. Oh, another thing! I've heared a little about a "Bandit Lord" called W. What is the story about him? Thanks again! Smile

spacer.gif
Halfling Heaven
World Designer/DM/Player
World Designer/DM/Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

The Bandit lord 'W', I could tell you about... but if I did I would have to kill you. Just Kidding.
The Bandit Lord tends to be very secretive. If you look on the forum you will see all the information that is currently known.

As for Drow, that too is covered elsewhere on this forum. Please Note that Drow in Annakolia are NOT what you may have read or learned about elsewhere.

spacer.gif
charissa1066
Server Owner and Designer
charissa1066.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Drow? Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Raven wrote:
I forgot to ask about Drows. From what I've read, they are from the Underdark, and are a cruel race that shows no mercy, but could you tell me if there is anything else about this race I should know about? And if any of the info I have is incorrect let me know.
Drow in Annakolia are not universally evil. So throw away your racial stereotypes from Faerun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  

spacer.gif
Raven
Player
Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

I wasn't trying to be racial or anything, that's just what I've read. I didn't mean anything by what I said. I apologize if I offended anyone by this.

spacer.gif
charissa1066
charissa1066.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Raven wrote:
I wasn't trying to be racial or anything, that's just what I've read. I didn't mean anything by what I said. I apologize if I offended anyone by this.
No offence taken. Smile Faerun drow are so entrenched in most people's concept of the drow. I only said to point out that our drow aren't universally evil.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  

spacer.gif
Barry_1066
barry.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

The Drow in Annakolia are based on the original appearance of them in the Vault of the Drow by Gygax in 1979. The idea of what the Drow are and a lot of what is currently available on them has been created since then and under a different world system then Annakolia. Keep in mind that this world has been active in PnP games since the original release of D&D in the 1970s.

Our view of Drow is different than Faerun. Annakol is not based in Faerun and indeed Faerun did not exist when Annakol started. The point Charissa was making is this -- you cannot read about the Drow and bring that knowledge to this world. The Drow here are different. Not every Drow is born evil and is rotton to the core. In a Faerun world, Drow are completly evil and rotton to the core.

spacer.gif
Raven
Player
Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Confused What is "Faerun? Confused "

spacer.gif
Wolf_In_Exile

354627510426c0478cf85d.jpg

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

You didn't just ask that, did you? *sighs* Have you ever played D&D or anything D&D related? Faerun is one of the campaign settings, and probably the most well known and popular (although greyhawk or a similar DM made world are most widely played in 3rd/3.5 edition). Most novels based off of D&D are in the Faerun realms. Faerun is also known as "The Forgotten Realms"

Last edited by Wolf_In_Exile on Wed May 11, 2005 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

spacer.gif
Barry_1066
barry.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

I have said it before -- now i will say it again -- Annakolia is from my PnP campaign that started over thirty year ago. This world predates Faerun! Has NEVER used any faerun materials -- and is completelly seperate.

Do not bring Forgotten Realms and Faerun concepts into this world. Do not expect things to interrelate to Faerun in anyway.

Faerun was developed from some of the same materials I had available from TSR and Judges Guild, White Dwarf, The Dragon and other games such as Rune Quest, Chivalry & Sorcery (C&S), T&T, Traveler, C of C, and many others -- in that way there are simular elements. This does not mean that the direction and development of those elements is the same at all.

The rules we used -- still use in PnP, are AD&D 1.0.

We only grudgingly moved to 3.0 due to NWN.

You will find my thinking on how things work still steeped in version 1.0 -- not because i cannot move on but because later versions have bent over backward to accomodate Faerun and -- because later rules were changed to accomodate computer programmers, not DMs and players.

I always had skills using the Rune Quest system and C&S system combined which seems to have found its way into later rule versions of AD&D. We also had a mana system for building sorcerers, which AD&D finally adopted.

When you play on Annakolia, you use the NWN engine and 3.0 version of AD&D NWN style. There are some changes with scripts and custom enhancements -- you also get my 1.0 alignment system. I do not accept any other writing on the subject or sources for this world.

In conclusion:
Do not bring in attitudes on how things work from other world and servers.
Do not expect any Faerun involvement
Expect Hobbits (halflings) to be Tolkien types.
Expect Elves to be Tolkien type (NO FAERUN TYPES)
Expect to have AD&D culture shock

Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Shocked Wink

spacer.gif
charissa1066
charissa1066.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Written from a borrowed computer over 1100 miles from home:
One thing Barry didn't mention. We've always been open to creative contributions by players. Of course, these must fit into the culture, history, and mythos of Annakolia and Galandar. Also, any contributions need to be submitted to us for review before acceptance.

spacer.gif
Raven
Player
Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

What's "Galandar"? Confused

spacer.gif
flamecrow
DM
DM
60013341744e07db326aee.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

The world on which the continent of Annakol is located.
If you come here, you'll find me....
I promise.

spacer.gif
Kenyon Turdpants
Player
Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: RE Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Quote:
What's "Galandar"?

I think its a spicy soup

spacer.gif

Malcore
Player
Player

http://jubilatores.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=750

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Soup, I thought it was a type of fish. Smile