Nox

Hello there

Hello and Thanks for welcoming me to your server.

I’m frankly new to NVN as a game but I am quite the old Hare when it comes down to D&D as P’n’P I started out in 2nd ED, played some 3rd but got held in a standstill at 3.5 and 3.75(or as more commonly known Pathfinder).

There a few things I’d like to point out as a new player who has been recruited to the server by a couple of friends from the states, as I live in Europe so yeah times vary quite.

1st: I enjoy the setting and the lore of the Server and the different kinds of classes and possibilities of the server as to what one would like to play from Raving Mad Monk to Sociopathic Druid Werewolves, there is a lot of stuff that comes to mind. Sadly this all I can say about the positive as of yet since I had little interaction with the DM’s and/or any chance to Participate in the DM events since well duh, I am European on an server that is mostly worked on and by Americans, would be interesting to see that Europeans could also benefit from this.

2nd: I personally have to say if not for my Buddies who have gotten me on to the server I would have been pretty lost, confused and frustrated due to:

1.       The horrifying experience gain from monsters, i.e. Bats they give a shit ton of experience at low level (which is ridiculous considering they are such low level monsters), I needed help to actually take them down or at least any other class that doesn’t have familiars or summons to deal with the tanking, due to their ridiculously high attack bonus. The general experience pay-out is lacklustre, worst of all it feels like one would be penalized for playing with friends in a group or even with familiars/summons/companions/hires due to experience split with any of the aforementioned, yes even with summons, companions and familiars which usually level with the class which one gets them from. Generally the experience pay-out is also kind weird first of for the aforementioned bats giving out more experience than a zombie or anything else in the dungeon, the experience for killing a Hydra is a joke to be quaint. I understand it’s a hardcore server but this is just ridiculous to be honest, also the max cap of experience gained from monster kills set at 300? Really? Why shouldn’t I or my party get more experience for killing something big, bad and terrifying, 300 exp max, is quite honestly kind of a shameful payout for killing anything that takes time and quite the toll on the players. Also Experience given out by the DM affected by mulitclassing? Sounds a bit unfair to me, I see why on monster kills but on experience given out by a DM, one shouldn’t have to take the penalty for multiclassing.

2.       The general map route layout, if not for my friends I would have not found the dungeon and therefore not the bats to level, there is little to no signs for newbies to find their way and honestly if I had logged on to the server without any other person there to tell me where and why to go there I would have been seriously at loss and probably would have quit after a couple of hours of roaming. The route thing does not include the spawn area which I have to say is quite good on that part but the rest, well see above.

https://imgur.com/a/EllXM0N

Here is proof of the Exp split

Experience is dictated by the Aurora Game Engine and was set by Bioware.  We use no custom XP system - the cave bats are boosted in CR to give very low level players quick XP.  To adjust all monsters in CR would require making new versions from all the Bioware monster list - not going to happen due to resource limitations. 

The disparity of a level gap is again, an Aurora Game Engine hard coded function.  We are using the stock Bioware systems for XP.  Yes there are some scripted XP systems - these were investigated and rejected long ago. 

We do not want fully leveled characters in two weeks - not in two months - and there is no 300 XP cap.

I was experimenting with a new character - at level 8 I killed a mountain giant and got nearly 500 XP - at lvl 10 the XP was down to about 300 and by level 12 well under 200.

Bioware, in their wisdom, set XP based on Character level vs CR of the creature being fought.  Summons, animal companions, familiars, and henchmen also reduce total XP you receive.  Traveling with a much higher level player will reduce XP.

This is the way it is - and for signage - go through the entryway portal and you are ported to Sidonia's Castle with a sign in front of you directing you to the beginning dungeon.  The dungeon entrance also has a sign.

"I was experimenting with a new character - at level 8 I killed a mountain giant and got nearly 500 XP - at lvl 10 the XP was down to about 300 and by level 12 well under 200."

I'm sorry what Barry, I am calling you out on that one instantly, look at the third imgur picture that is a level 10 character no mulitclassing, getting 151 Exp from a Hill Giant Bruiser.

This conversation is finished - I am not here to argue with you on line in a public forum.   Realms of Anakolia does not use any scripting to limit XP - we do NOT use any custom scripts to modify the game engine specific system for XP.  I do not intend to change the system to accommodate anyone.  Systems that exist for that purpose do not fit the way we run this world.  Arguing with me about it will not make happy.  Calling me a liar is usually an instant ban - disrespecting a DM.  If you Are getting the message you have angered me - yes you have.  I have already said these things before to others and I keep seeing it again, from your group, almost world for word.  It this continues. You Will Be Banned. 

I have stated that we do NOT wish to see high level characters made in a week, two week, a month or even two months, although it is possible to get in the the 30s with some knowledgeable playing in a month, the only person to do so recently has been playing here for over eleven years and knows the server well.

If you wish to play here - these are the rules and I am not changing it for you - or anyone.

Never post flames to anyone publicly - never disrespect a DM - private issues can be raised privately but THIS - this is unacceptable.