Hello!!! I have a few questions for anyone that wants to help this newbie out....

1. Is this server free?

2. ow many characters am I allowed to have?

2. Do we have a custom automatic character creation system? If so what races are available to choose from it?

3.What kind of crafting is available here, besides armor and weapons, and what can I do with the systems? Would I be able to play a pure crafter/artisan/tradesman without having to be a mercenary/warrior? (Im especially wondering if there are player-triggering,automatic crafting systems for: non-combat tool-making, tailoring, furniture-making, and book-making)

4. Is the economy persistent with currencies, and will I be able to rent persistent chests to save items in, as a character? Is there a job market and player-run businesses?

4. Is travel safe, and in what ways can we travel as characters? In character creation, are we able to choose the city that the character lands in or is there only one?

I'm no expert here, but from what I know:

1. Yes, it is a free server.

2. I do not know of a character limit. If there is one, it's high enough not to bother me.

3. There are yes special sub-races (fairy, brownie, drow... I don't know all of them) but anything aside the NWN featured ones requires special application. Same goes for evil-aligned characters.

4. The only crafting system I have experience with here is the baking system, which is very good for providing supplies - baked goods work as potions. I know the whole crafting system is being revamped and I believe they'll be expanding it. Since this is a RP server, it is possible to be a pure artisan/trader, but since the community is small there'll be limited player interaction most of the time.

5. The player/DM currency are RP gems, earned by participating in DM games. You can use them to buy benefits such as character housing, private sessions with DMs, special items... There is a free persistent chest mechanism and yes, there are player-run businesses, but I'm not sure how that works.

6. Traveling is NOT safe for lower levels. I reccomend getting at least level 5 are some supplies before hitting the road. At character creation you are forced to go to Sidonia's Castle to learn more about the server and be able to train in a safe environment. After that, there are portals at the entry area which can bring you to many other cities, but the roads back to Annakol City are usually very dangerous so I wouldn't recommend it at lower levels.

As I said, I'm no expert here but I think this clarify most of your doubts. I'm sure the DM will be willing to give you a tour around the server are give you a greater insight on the whole crafting thing.

Hello!!! I have a few questions for anyone that wants to help this newbie out....

1. Is this server free?

2. ow many characters am I allowed to have?

2. Do we have a custom automatic character creation system? If so what races are available to choose from it?

3.What kind of crafting is available here, besides armor and weapons, and what can I do with the systems? Would I be able to play a pure crafter/artisan/tradesman without having to be a mercenary/warrior? (Im especially wondering if there are player-triggering,automatic crafting systems for: non-combat tool-making, tailoring, furniture-making, and book-making)

4. Is the economy persistent with currencies, and will I be able to rent persistent chests to save items in, as a character? Is there a job market and player-run businesses?

4. Is travel safe, and in what ways can we travel as characters? In character creation, are we able to choose the city that the character lands in or is there only one?

1) The server is free - since I own the server, I can assure you it is free to play on

2) You can have as many PCs (player Characters) as you wish to have. We impose no limit.

2) We have custom classes - most information you need is provided for you in your journal when you log onto the server. These classes are secondary or even third class options, requiring you to take one of Bioware's standard classes to begin your character.

3) The crafting question is difficult to answer since we are in process of building and expanding a custom crafting system we call ROAR or Realms fo Annakolia Resources. Much of what you are asking about in detail is being built and a class being made but not functional at present. There is functional crafting and systems are being added - baking and cooking are very important crafts at present with others in progress.

4) A very complex question to answer in full and detail without massing pages and pages of text so to keep it short - Yes, but there is more too it than a simple yes. We have a way to mail crafted materials for trades to another player who is not on and the package will be delivered when that player logs onto the server. There are BBs players can use on the server to arrange transactions or they can use the forum as well.

5) Travel can be very dangerous however along the roads, not too difficult - off the road or roads away from main cities - trouble. One enters Annakolia in the "Entry Area" which is a floating platform far above the world surface. There are portals to a number of the major cities one can take, however there is only one a new player should take for all the low level, get started things, are off the main entrance.

Once one has been to the city of Annakolia and perhaps Amber Flame Castle and the dungeons there, a new character will be better per-paired for travel and other areas. At first, lvl advancement is rapid and slows way down by level nine or ten. This is done for a reason, survival. Gathering raw materials to cook and bake from the Shire farms can be great fun and the end products very rewarding and useful. Getting to the Shire farms and the Shire is fairly safe but for the first bit of forest where things can go very wrong - good to know how to run if one is very vulnerable and bring a dog or cat henchman.

There is mobile persistent storage when one buys a horse or pony or pack animal.

Hello Ania, and welcome to server!

Though Vatorres and Barry here answered your questions quite through already, I thought to share some opinions and suggestions myself.

Starting with character creation: As said, anything apart vanilla races requires application. List of races that you can apply for is quite large. There are satyrs, pixies, brownies and whatever. Only race I remember that's not allowed is vampire, so easiest way to figure it out is to to send character application and ask.

One thing though, I'd advise to not apply for(if you prefer that kind of char) evil aligned classes(blackguard, assassin) until you've played some time on server and people get to know you. I can tell from experience that it likely won't go trough.

And Forward unto Dawn. *cough* to crafting system. Haven't tried much of this myself either, but cooking/baking and alchemy are atleast there(server's alchemy doesn't require brew potion feat or exp/gold cost) Don't know about books, but atleast notes and letters can be written.

As Vatorres already mentioned, community is small, so server might feel empty at times. Don't know where you're from, but atleast playing during EU times tends to be empty unless playing around midnight, as most here are from US. Don't let empty server scare you away though, I've seen quite few new people popping in once and never again because they're online at empty times.

Best time to find meet ppl is during feisty chicken game, saturday 23.00 GMT+0. There always atleast few ppl on during that time, and it's great way for new players to meet old ones.

For travelling part, best bet at lower levels is to either get invisibility, or team up with someone and travel together. Roads are mostly "safe", so stronger monsters rarely wander on them, though that may happen. Safety of traveling varies also from area to area, so heading far into wilderness at low levels may prove fatal, even along roads.

Also, if you see someone online, don't be afraid to ask them questions, community is really newbie friendly here.

If you see me online and have some questions or trouble finding around, feel free to ask, and I'll help best I can. I'm usually on during week, few hours before chicken game times I mentioned above, with either Licios or Thar.

Hope to see you ingame

Demolicious

*nods* the vampire thing got a no go back when my son was 9, he is now 18, when i caught him on another server RPing a vampire - he informed me that he and two other vampires were killing and eating elves.

Well that did it for me.

So now you all know why there are no vampire RP on Annakolia *twinkles and fades into the dark*

*grin*