RoAnnon

Character level loss

Hi,

Potter07 tells me his character Jason has lost levels and inventory items and gold. He was level 6 with 85K gp and other items when he needed to log off to run some errands this afternoon. When he got back and logged back in, his character has no gp, most of his inventory items are gone and the character is back to level 2.

I asked him if perhaps he has two different characters with similar names and whether it was possible he logged the wrong character but he says no.

Can someone check his account and see if anything is going on there?

Thanks,

Ro

I have no idea what is happened, however - level XP loss happens when there is a server crash - one has leveled up and the character not been saved before a server crash or shutdown without the character being saved.

I also remember, some very odd things, including save problems, can happen when two or more people log into the server sharing the same IP and then do NOT take the time to set separate ports in their nwnplayer.ini file:

[Profile]

ShowMessageOfTheDay=0

Client Port=5120 (This should be set to 5121 or 5122 or 5123 - for second, third or fourth person sharing the SAME IP)

Once the server is hit with this port problem, it is screwed - EVEN IF THOSE PEOPLE LOG OFF AND ARE GONE - and the difficulties, ranging from a character becoming a global character, bad lag, deleting all characters in the folders, not saving a character on log off, and much more CAN happen. I have not observed this difficulty of late but have not looked at the server since Friday.

The only thing can be done is for a DM to award you the levels - which can happen but is not standard policy - standard policy is to refuse such requests for obvious reasons or abuse - however, as i said, there are exceptions.

Did a server crash or restart happen while you were playing?

Did you exit the game and all seemed proper?

We did have some people with some overrides for old D20 system causing this - are you using overrides?

Sorry, those are the only reasons known to me for this difficulty.

we have our ports set to different numbers

Just for everyone's clarification, I did not mean your household were the ones with port problems - others who might have logged on and off who were afflicted with the problem effects everyone else who comes on while they are on or AFTER they leave - everyone becomes a potential victim of the unstable server once it has been hit.

No worries Barry, I wasn't taking it as an insult or accusation of anything, I've seen the outcome of these types of issues on server before. I was just answering all the noted items... :) He tells me his character is indeed fixed. Thanks Mal!