vatorres

Testing module

A testing module?

I occasionally run a test for various reasons but to not host a testing module for players. A very long time ago there was a character builder tester, back where the custom classes were new - just to test them - however that is long gone and no longer needed.

The tester was essentially to find bugs in the classes and players were helping out by testing the classes in a very limited environment - is this what you are talking about?

Anyway - the ONLY world I am hosting is Annakolia at this time. There was a plan once to host a separate module/world that players could port back and forth to and from - however this is not currently planned anymore.

A very long time ago there was a character builder tester, back where the custom classes were new - just to test them - however that is long gone and no longer needed.

That is what I was wondering, perhaps make it a downloadable module to run offline, like those cep starter modules, just so we can know the custom classes better. I know they've been out for a long time already, but new players like myself are still quite clueless.

That module resides on my old machine which is, at present, no longer operational. A virus has wiped the boot sequence off the HD of my old machine - it can be repaired but i do not possess the tools to do so and a shop visit for that fix is going to cost at least 100 dollars.

I do have an alternate plan to install Linux and retrieve files but that is, at present, not a priority and is new ground for me so not exactly a short easy fix either.

That module resides on my old machine which is, at present, no longer operational. A virus has wiped the boot sequence off the HD of my old machine - it can be repaired but i do not possess the tools to do so and a shop visit for that fix is going to cost at least 100 dollars.

I do have an alternate plan to install Linux and retrieve files but that is, at present, not a priority and is new ground for me so not exactly a short easy fix either.

Which plan is more likely to be successful?