Demolicious

Greetings

"...and pull seemed to grow stronger. Here, in eternal darkness below the monastery, sense of being called grew, as if something spoke to him from library's halls. These halls had been always sealed from all but oldest of monks, and the presence felt closer here. He was terrified, but the call grew louder and he couldn't resist. It seemed as if darkness guided him as he walked, finally revealing ancient pedestal in farthest reaches of lightless halls. And there lay a single book, black as night itself, it's silvery ornamets forming five-pointed star..."

Sorry, got bit carried away there. :rolleyes:

I've been following the server for about a year now, but never bothered to sing up due to not being able to find a copy of NWN, though Im not new to the game itself, having played it trough couple times(friends)

As I finally managed to actually get the game(it's starting to be rather rare), I thought to see if this server is still alive, as this seems rather interesting server to play on.

So far, my experience of RPing is quite limited, with just minecraft LotC server, but I've quite an experience in storywriting, so I know how to RP, as writing usually requires me to take my character's place.

Feel free to comment, say hello or just get me stoned.(dont mind, my humour is rather sarcastic)

Mostly right now Im interested in seeing if the current community is alive, due to forum being quite on unuse, apart from DMs, as that causes community to seem bit dead.

If things are still alive, I'll be propably seen online soon, though have to send my char app first.

Welcome to Annakolia.

There are players and DMs about, however, we do need to build a larger player base which is rather difficult these days as so many have moved on to other games.

The advantages of playing on Annakolia however is huge -

1) The world is nearly 2,000 areas - lots of places to go and things to see and do.

2) World history is rich and well developed.

3) The experience is not repetitive - spawns with the now famous Sparky Spawner (developed on Annakolia by Malishara) keeps the spawns rich and varied as well as their locations - so you cannot learn, oh when i step past there it spawns and Xmonster at that location over there.

4) When they are on, our DMs are top notch D&D DMs

3 days, 2 replys, this feels like another christmas.

Jokes aside, thanks for the welcome.(how come everyone immediately shortens my name to demo?)

Thought to give few suggestions on building up the player base.

I've been moderator for about half a year now on decent sized gaming community, so I've had my share of these kind of situations.

First, I would suggest fixing up the server homepage. Last update is atleast 1 year old, and there are multiple typing mistakes on the site, mainly "dieties" and down loads"

Thee are small things, but really turn back potential players, when I first saw it, I expected to see a server run by 10-13 year old kids who have problem understanding what RP means. This isn't insult, but just plain opinion.

Second, website has multiple links that direct you where-ever, example history is a link to old forum area with lots of topics irrelevant to server's history.

Third, and rather major thing is forums. They really need work, seeing that large parts of information is missing, or just extremely hard to find. Lots of that can be found on old forums though, but they are also hard to navigatre. If first impression is messy, few bother to look further.

Concidering forums, I had a major problem with my character, as I've managed to dig up what kind of characters need to be applied for, but only refrence about where to sent them was 1 and 6 years old playermade(no official info from admins) topics that directed them to Flamecrow. I actually sent my app in that direction, though forum logs state that he hasn't been on during last 2 weeks, nad Im really not sure if that went to right address, but better sorry than safe(or was it other way around?)

Welcome aboard Demolicious! My main character is Kothgar, a barbarian who is usually nursing his drinks and filling his belly at the Fiesty Chicken. I'm also one of the regulars on here. We have a good group playing on here(when they show up that is!) and the DMs all do a great job running their sessions(this part is true, has not been edited by the DMs). Hopefully the games will be picking up in the future. Happy Holidays to all!!

Welcome Demolicious.

I hope you give the server a shot.

Might be best to start with a regular character before applying for a special one. Too many have come before for them to hand out special requests without seeing you in action, so to speak.

Once establishing yourself as a competent RP'er, the sky's the limit(except evil, see the rules and guidelines).

Hope to see you in game sometime soon.

Mac

Player Admin

Might be best to start with a regular character before applying for a special one. Too many have come before for them to hand out special requests without seeing you in action, so to speak.

Once establishing yourself as a competent RP'er, the sky's the limit(except evil, see the rules and guidelines).

I noticed.

Got my character idea trough, exept attempt to get blackguard approved.

Now Im just waiting for response to use evil alignment, due to Planar spells(alignment based summoning)

If that won't go trough, I'll have to think my character over again. I know it isn't easy to get "evil" aligned character trough at start, but as I personally don't believe in concept of "good" and "evil", I generally prefer to play characters usually concidered "evil", just to challenge stereotype that they are always "Evil".

I'll be seen online once I get my response, whatever it is.