Feather

The Easter Sheep

As promised, I've posted pictures of Poppy doing her annual Easter Sheep meet and greet. It's hard to describe how extraordinary it is to see her surrounded by little children. I have to explain over and over to adults, that, if she was not happy to be there, she'd be through the pretend fence and far far away. I was holding on to a leash as a matter of form, not to keep her in place. Considering that, in a field, you'd be lucky to get within 10 feet. it's pretty special be able to bring Poppy and her sister down to the beach at Easter for the annual hunt. I end up talking for about 2 hours straight...names (Poppy and Brekka), breed (Shetland sheep), yes, they're very tame...rinse and repeat.

The only danger is folks with little dogs. I warn them when they're about 10 feet away that their precious dog will get stomped if they come closer. They usually move closer in to explain to me that their little pooch would not hurt my sheep *sigh*. I explain again that my dear, fluffly little sheep would like nothing better than to give their little dog a thumping. They usually march away offended that I didn't believe that their dog wouldn't attack my sheep. I hear the collective disappointed sigh of my sheep as the dog is removed out of range.

Oh, here's the link: http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

I think I've got it set to public share...let me know if it isn't.