charissa1066

Ice Storm - Power Out

NW Ohio is blanketed with several inches of ice. Somewhere in our neighborhood a transformer arced, sparked, and died. Our power winked out. The battery back-up is only eough to shut down equipment. The power company says that over 20,000 customers are without power in our area. We don't know how long it will be before our power is restored. Until the power is back on the server will be down. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Annakolia is back - power restored last night. I got a call, automated, about 9 pm saying yey, your power is restored, let us know if we can help you in the future - BUT - our power was NOT restored.

Several block were still without power - i called and told the power company, "funny joke, so it does not take Einstein to see all the houses here do NOT have power - and now i am having to re-report it *sighs* not to mention i think we were the last in all Toledo to get repairs.

It did not last the 11 days it did about 10 years ago - so i suppose we need to be greatful *glares across the street at neighbors who's power NEVER WENT OUT* oh well.

Kept the house semi heated with a kerosene space heater - outside in the single digits and inside about 56 or 57.

Power went back on about 12:30 to 1 AM last night.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.