Feather

Game Schedule

Hello everyone.

|'m not feeling well today (allergies) and have to go to work this evening, so I'm postponing today's game.

I will be working on a house project for the next couple of weeks, partially in preparation for our Fall Fair. That means our

NEXT GAME

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2:30 PDT (5:30 EDT)

Are new players to the session allowed, and are there any level limits?

If newbies are allowed, can you tell me about the game so I know who would fit in better?

Hi Tala

Yes, new players are welcome. An explanation of the campaign is on the calendar (copied directly from the old forum).

Basically the premise is that you are a student (regular or auditing) at the Miskatonic University in Arkham.

On the surface, this seems a rather dull and mundane activity. But current and past students wiil be able to tell you of lectures that go

horridly wrong, university faculty that disappear in mysterious circumstances, and outside forces that seem bent on, at the very least,

distrupting learning at the university, if not trying to destroy it.

OCC the game is very much influenced by the mythos of H.P. Lovecraft and the game Call of Cthuhu.

If you are just dropping in occasionally, any level is fine, though if you are very high, I might ask that you only join in combat if things look dire.

If you wish to create a pc to enroll as a regular student, I will raise that character to level 15, to reflect your first year status. Since the

University has departments of learning ranging from Mathematics to Religious Studies, almost any of the available classes would be fine.

Even a straight fighter might be attending on a sports scholarship.

There is a registration procedure for full time students that I will copy over from the old forum in the next day or two.

Hi Tala

Yes, new players are welcome. An explanation of the campaign is on the calendar (copied directly from the old forum).

Basically the premise is that you are a student (regular or auditing) at the Miskatonic University in Arkham.

On the surface, this seems a rather dull and mundane activity. But current and past students wiil be able to tell you of lectures that go

horridly wrong, university faculty that disappear in mysterious circumstances, and outside forces that seem bent on, at the very least,

distrupting learning at the university, if not trying to destroy it.

OCC the game is very much influenced by the mythos of H.P. Lovecraft and the game Call of Cthuhu.

If you are just dropping in occasionally, any level is fine, though if you are very high, I might ask that you only join in combat if things look dire.

If you wish to create a pc to enroll as a regular student, I will raise that character to level 15, to reflect your first year status. Since the

University has departments of learning ranging from Mathematics to Religious Studies, almost any of the available classes would be fine.

Even a straight fighter might be attending on a sports scholarship.

There is a registration procedure for full time students that I will copy over from the old forum in the next day or two.

Thank you for the reply!

It sounds like a ton of fun, and my high level character (Tala) would not really fit in.

My chaotic Neutral priestess of Aisha would work (if you would not mind her joining). She is level six right now.

If you prefer, I could always make a character just for this game though.

Hello Everyone

I've just had the most interesting talk with the person who owns the land my sheep live on. The upshot of which is they need to be moved to their new pasture not NOW, but RIGHT NOW.

This means I will have to be working on fencing the new pasture this Wednesday and probably next Wednesday as well. The good news about the new pasture is it is somewhat closer. I should be able to do barn chores in the winter on my lunch break. The bad news is, right now, there is only one fence line. We need to remove the fencing from the old pasture and then fence three sides for the new pasture. And build a shelter.

I am posting the next game as Tentative:

Wednesday, October 20, 2:30 Pacific Standard Time

*crosses fingers* I really miss you guys.

Hello Everyone

I've just had the most interesting talk with the person who owns the land my sheep live on. The upshot of which is they need to be moved to their new pasture not NOW, but RIGHT NOW.

This means I will have to be working on fencing the new pasture this Wednesday and probably next Wednesday as well. The good news about the new pasture is it is somewhat closer. I should be able to do barn chores in the winter on my lunch break. The bad news is, right now, there is only one fence line. We need to remove the fencing from the old pasture and then fence three sides for the new pasture. And build a shelter.

I am posting the next game as Tentative:

Wednesday, October 20, 2:30 Pacific Standard Time

*crosses fingers* I really miss you guys.

Makes me think of back home in Ireland, with the rock walls that have been there for centuries, and family agreements on pastures about as long. too, of cycling near Killarney, and so often waiting for the sheep to cross the road, the wee lambs scampering about.

oh shoot! i didn't see anything an hour before hand so i figured it was a no go whoopsie...oh well next time guys.

Sorry everyone. I was a bit late posting that there was a game. I waited about 15 min. and then made arrangements to go shopping. My Dear Little Dog is on a special diet right now and the ingrediants were on sale so I nipped out to Save Save Save (that is Spend Spend Spend).

However

NEXT GAME

Wednesday, November 3, 2:30 Pacific Daylight Time (5:30 EDT)

I was planning to run a game today

Wednesday, November 17, 2:30 Pacific Standard Time (5:30 EST)

BUT

I am taking my dog to the vet one hour before game time and may not make it back in time. I'm also fighting back pain and won't be able to rest it before game time (due to previously mentioned vet visit) Therefore please consider the game postponed until

Wednesday, November 24, 2:30 Pacific Standard Time (5:30 EST)

Sorry for the latish notice, my back's sort of hour to hour right now and it's been a painful morning.

Hello Everyone

December is always an interesting month to try to play regularly what with holiday parties, shopping, etc. so the University is declaring a December school break.

But never fear, we still can play, see this post http://www.annakolia.org/forums/index.php?/topic/298-yule-event/ for information about the Wednesday game.

I hope to see you all there when you can make it.

Many many appologies, but I've been laid low with a cold. I've been up for about an hour and want nothing more than my pillow again. I caught myself a few times in yesterday's Girl Ranger game with keyboard rash :unsure:

We will play again! Doggie's been given a clean bill of health and evil sheep should be snug in their pen....

Next Game:

Wednesday, January 19, 2:30 Pacific Standard Time (5:30 EST)

Classes resume at the University!

Sadly

No Game February 9.

The description 'sore throat' did not convey the level of discomfort I am currently feeling when I described how I felt to the emerg. doctor I visited with on Monday. (virus, nothing we can do, time and rest, here's a note for work) I've managed to acquire pain-killers that are actually working, but their side effect is to mkae me tpye fnuny. After a totally sleepless night, I am hoping that I might actually be asleep at game time. IF I am awake and aelrt, I might be up for plyanig.

*sings* "This is the flu that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started spreading it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue spreading it forever just because...This is the flu that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started spreading it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue spreading it forever just because..."

So....

No Game February 16

I'm hunting down a medical practitioner tomorrow to be sure that I 'just' have the flu. I'm seeing a bit of improvement....at least it's not getting worse. But I know I'm sick when I don't want to play. Thanks for your good thoughts Charissa.