AudeKhatru

Back Again

I haven't played in a while. I used another name on the old forum, and I am not exactly sure which of my Gamespy IDs I used when I was playing here last.

Boy....did I give enough to go on?

For a long time, I felt like I had moved on, not so much from Annakolia as from NWN. Played Dragon Age, played Mass Effect 2. Haven't even gamed in a while.

But, I keep thinking back to RP. That is the one thing that I have missed in everything else I have played. I cannot say for sure, but if I stay around, I might bring a few friends...that depends both on how I feel after playing again for a while, and how they feel. We are out of practice at the moment.

I will come back and post again after I figure out which account and characters are mine.

Well, I found which login I used before, but the character I found there is a stranger, so I am going to start over again.

Which means that I need a new character idea, and at the moment that is posing a problem. I've played so many characters over the years that it feels like I've done it all.

Now, I do have some questions.

I know that it is an RP world, in fact that is the reason I'm back, because I know you guys stress RP, but I often need something to fill in the time when no one else is about. So.......

Has anyone put together a progression of hunting locations? At least some suggestions?

I discovered when I first played that you always want to start in Sidonia's Castle and get a few levels. I know about the fishing hole, where you can earn enough gold to outfit yourself.

After that?

I know that the nearby forest is usually a good place to start after the castle, but it was way too easy for the 10th Level Stranger that I found in my old server vault and, no insult intended, I remember walking around a lot looking for things to fight. I'd rather not stumble too often into things that are way too tough, but I really hate wandering around not finding anything that is even a challenge.

Now, if anyone is concerned about revealing OOC info, personally, I think it is safe to say that stories would exist about what creatures live where and what sort of hero is best suited to handling them (thinking more in regards to experience/skills (levels) rather than class when I say that.

Oh, and is Happy Hour at the Feisty Chicken still going on? Saturday at 6pm EST?

If I start a new character, I will try to get IG and get the starter Castle levels under the belt before then.

Oh, and is Happy Hour at the Feisty Chicken still going on? Saturday at 6pm EST?

So uhmm, sort of a 'there and back again' for you and welcome back home to Realms of Annakolia

Yes, the Happy Hour at the Feisty Chicken game is still going on, same time, same place!

Hope to see you there soon!

~Sol

So, where do folks hang out on/in Annakolia? Of course, no one may want to hang out with a lowly 6th level character.

I admit, I am starved for RP, and so far I have had more OOC conversations in game (thanks for all the invites to Happy Hour, I am sorry I couldn't make it) than I have had IC conversations. After spending a lot of time in game over the last week, I begin to worry that there isn't a lot of day to day RP going on. Please tell me I'm wrong.

I don't know about most people but generally end of november to december are the low activity months for me with a lot of real life stuff going on. An idea might be to just post on the forum when you would like to do some RP (maybe add a location or theme like: "Let's go shopping in the shire" or some such). Perhaps that will help to get more people together at the same time to RP. Also, if others are on never hesitate to ask them in a tell if they would like to RP. Often players who are on with a high level character are more then willing to switch over to a lower level character to RP with you.

Hope that helps you any.

Oh, and welcome!

So, I am back again after another hiatus of sorts. Things seem awful quiet around here. I have logged in for the last several weeks on Saturday and haven't seen a Happy Hour yet.

Also, same question I asked before. Where do you go hunting? I find I am usually on alone, so forming a party isn't really possible, and it takes forever to level up when almost everything you find is 2xp.

I am getting really frustrated, because each time I think I have found a place to get reasonably good xp, I eventually run into something that I can't even come close to handling. I'm only level 12, and I handled the Ruin Spiders okay (Tomb of Badar, Badir and Banir or something like that), but then ran into a Wyvern that I could not even hit. He killed me while I was attempting an alternate strategy. It isn't much fun when the only two places I can find to hunt are terribly easy (until you fail a saving throw on drown, again, not fun) or difficult to the point of impossible.

My character is now level 12, and I would like to find someplace that is challenging, but not overwhelming, that I can hunt alone, if no one is on the server.

I am sorry if this sounds like a whiney complaint. I don't want it to, I just want to spend more of my time gaining more than 2xp per mob and less time running around trying to find somewhere to hunt.

Lastly, I am annoyed by something that is probably out of anyone's control. Some mobs marked impossible aren't and others are. Ruin Spider...impossible, but I killed at least 3 of them. Wyvern...definitely impossible. That's just an example, but it makes it hard to know when to fight and when to run. That's just a rant though, so ignore it.

Sorry I have been away - NO Feisty Chicken when I am gone unless another DM picks up the slack.

Hunting is all a matter of your level and class - as well as general survival skill.

On survival - I suggest a good ranged weapon, even for fighters, until you get enough levels and equipment to stay alive in a fight. Things can get mighty difficult at times for a solo player since the server is weighted toward encouraging team play - something hard to do right now with so few players on at times.

Charissa_1066 and Wolfgang_1066, by wife and son have also been away - we will be back now until the Nationals.

Thanks for the reply, I understand all about life, so no problem with being away. And thanks for the most recent Feisty Chicken Happy Hour.

With the help of several friendly players I have found a few places to hunt. I was shown how to find the werecats, and the giants. Also, I got lucky and found the Frost Giants all on my own.

It is getting a little less frustrating, though it still seems like I can wander around for hours without finding much of a challenge. And, of course, as I find these places to hunt, master them and level up, it may get frustrating again until I learn where the next level of hunting areas are.