RoAnnon

Athena's Absence

Athena has asked me to post her apologies to everyone for an unforeseen absence from the server and forums in the weeks to come.

She has an appointment to see her eye doctor just before Thanksgiving but her eyes have been bugging her more and more for over a month. She can't hardly even see with her glasses on anymore. She is going to see about getting an emergency appt. earlier than her scheduled one, but in the meantime she is removing her contacts altogether and is going to be blind for a while to see if her eyes will settle down. She will not be online at all, as she cannot read, to the point that emails will most likely go unanswered, as will IMs.

She's afraid the contacts may have done some harm, though, of course, we all hope that's not the case.

Thoughts and prayers for her and this situation will be appreciated, I'm sure.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. My eyes have cleared up, so I am trying my contacts again, but just a few hours a day. I think I really over did it during the Festival week and two weekends past when I tried to DM and play three games in one day. *blushes* I am sorry for my prolonged and continuing absence. I really hope to have this all settled one day soon. My next apt. is Nov. 23rd. Maybe, It'll all be straightened out then. Thanks again.

sincerely,

Athena

Okay, as it turns out, this contact just is not fitting properly. After only wearing it a few hours today, my eye is back to being completely bloodshot. So, I am back in glasses until my eye apt Nov. 23. I will not be around until I get a new lens. Sorry. I hope you all stay well and healthy. Take care.

sincerely,

Athena