Anna

Movie Reviews

As we have a book section for reviews, I thought why not movies?

Kaitlinn bought me Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue Sunday, and I was so entranced that I had to watch it twice!!

I would especially recommend this film if you've little girls, the fairies are truly adorable, and unlike many animated features they do not seem to push the Must Buy the Toys things so much.

As for the film itself, the animations are stunning, the fairies beautiful, and the plot simple and engaging, without any scariness or crude humor that accompanies some kid's movies. Cara Dillon, the incredible Irish folk singer, is the Narrator, and performs two short songs as well, giving this film set near London a bit of a Celtic flavour.

Of the three tinkerbell movies, I think that I like this one the best, the only flaw being its brevity, at 77 minutes. I suppose with young children perhaps that is best?

Anyways, anyone that is a fan of Tinkerbell, or fairies, this movie is worth either buying, or certainly the rental if not.

Just remember: Faith, Hope, and Pixie Dust!!

PS How could I not log on Annakolia and play my pixie bard after viewing this??